Meet your customers
Present your idea
Promote your product
Win prize money
Market Test & Network
The international SEPT Program of Leipzig University and the Office for Economic Development of the City of Leipzig provide the stage for you to present your idea!
The City of Leipzig has close working relations with Vietnam, especially Ho Chi Minh City. Recently a German-Vietnamese House was opened in the city where the first German-Vietnamese joint venture has its place of operation.
With this in mind, we want to provide opportunities for networking and development in the start-up and accelerator arena. With our Best Innovators Award and the accompanying trainings we want to encourage the Vietnamese community to test new business models in Germany, as well as giving German founders with an interest in the target market Vietnam the opportunity for networking.
In cooperation with the trade fair HAUS-GARTEN-FREIZEIT (Home-Garden-Leisure) and the Central German Handicrafts Fair we will conduct our first Best Innovators Award on 26 February. This is the perfect opportunity to present your business idea in front of an audience or to gather the first opinions from potential customers.
We look forward to your ideas!
The international SEPT Program of Leipzig University support start-ups and entrepreneurs to make their dream a reality. Together with the Office for Economic Development of the City of Leipzig we are looking for the most innovative business idea with German-Vietnamese business connections.
All interested start-ups and entrepreneurs are invited to apply for the “Vietnam Start-up Class”. From all applicants, six start-ups or entrepreneurs will be selected to pitch their ideas.
What We Offer
- Free participation in the workshops of the “Vietnam Start-up class” on topics such as business model development, pitch training, setting up a company in Germany/Vietnam and international entrepreneurship
- Coaching sessions to develop the business model
- Visiting the “Best Innovators Award” in Leipzig
- The 6 best business ideas present their idea at the “Best Innovators Award” in Leipzig in February 2019
- Exchange and networking with other entrepreneurs from Vietnam and Germany
Content of the Pitches
You are given 3 minutes. You are allowed to use a maximum of 8 slides. In that time you should provide the jury with the following information:
- Who are you?
- Which problem does your idea address?
- Who will be your customer?
- How will you make a profit?
- How are you going to reach your customer?
- What makes your product/service stand out from others?
- Which partners do you need to achieve your goal?
Who Can Participate?
- Vietnamese entrepreneurs
- German entrepreneurs and start-ups interested in entering the Vietnamese market
- Interested individuals should be able to submit their application and give their pitch in English or German
- You should be interested in further developing your business idea
Dates & Facts
- Application deadline 31.01.2019
TRAININGS Vietnamese Start-up Class
- Business Model Development 8 February 2019 in Leipzig
- Pitch Training 15 February 2019 in Leipzig
MARKET TEST & NETWORKING
- Visit of the trade fair “Haus-Garten-Freizeit”
23 February – 3 March 2019 in Leipzig, Germany
Neue Messe Leipzig
Best Innovators Award
- Elevator Pitch
26 February 2019 in Leipzig
Within the framework of the trade fair “Haus-Garten-Freizeit”
Business Idea Competition and Prize-Giving Ceremony
- Submission of a short idea summary (max. 2 A4 pages)
- A brief, compelling description why your business idea needs to make it to the marke
- Submit your idea summary online using the following application form (application form will be available soon)
Leipzig University, International SEPT Program
Ritterstr. 9 – 13
Phone: +49 341 – 97 39764